However, after today's experience, I will not being doing another multi-order route. Nineteen stops was fine, driving for miles was fine, enjoying the beautiful views of our area was fine - until we ran into the bear (we were deep enough in the woods of Washougal that a young bear literally ran across the road in front of us).
It wasn't the bear that was the issue, though - it was being so far out of town that neither of us had cell service. And THEN, when we did drive back far enough into town to have service again, Shi*t wanted us to turn around and go back into the woods, another twenty minutes away, in the direction we'd just come from. Like, do the same thing we just did? Encounter more bears? Deal with no GPS and no Internet, have no way to verify that I'd just delivered the package? NOPE!
I ended up taking that package back to the store. Then Shi*t dinged me for returning a package!
Fine by me, I guess. Hubby and I were having a swell time making some money until that happened. Hubby said this order-bundling reminded him of D00rdash, trying to make him leave our city and go to Portland for deliveries by bundling two orders together, one from our city and one from Portland, when Hubby was just fine delivering in our city and NOT doing that.
No wonder Shi*t had to bundle these far-out-of-town orders into a multi-order route. Don't get me wrong: I'm totally fine driving for miles. But NO ONE wants to deal with gated properties, delivery boxes placed so far away from the customer's actual house that Shi*t's system won't recognize that we've reached the property, BEARS, along with the gas and time we spent driving all over the hills of eastern Clark County.
But without the benefit of GPS, cell service, or the Internet (necessary for contacting Shi*t headquarters if there's a problem) - it was intolerable. What if I'd been alone that whole time?
So it won't be happening again. "Live and learn."