Monday, September 28, 2026

Eyebrows Part Deux

She had to be escorted through the store by her counselor, but she did leave the bookstore with textbooks in hand, PAID FOR, by the way. Pretty boring, but this was funny: she asked if she could buy a DRINK while she was here (drinks were her favorite sticky-fingers item - she stole a drink three different times). Ryan was her cashier and enjoyed every second of her presence.

This weekend Hubby and I had a lovely time camping with my siblings on Mount Hood. The weather was crazy, and drove us to find a hotel the first night, and the second night was cold as a well digger's butt in January, to quote my dad. The rest of it was perfectly wonderful. I especially enjoyed sitting around the campfire chatting with everyone, and playing Mad Libs, and paddling out on Trillium Lake with Mel and Ernie, and having some fun "just the two of us" time with Hubby, sorting through our camping supplies. We hadn't camped for a few years and had no idea what state our stuff was in. And, honestly, we're happy we found the hotel, in Welches, Oregon, which was older but very nice. I'd go there again. 

Now, having survived Fall Rush, things are super chill again around here, which is just the way I like it. I have choir tonight (did I tell you I joined a choir? I joined a choir), and M's birthday is on Wednesday, which kicks off our Birthday Season, followed by the holiday season! Next weekend will be niece Kiley's wedding reception in Tri-Cities, which will also be fun. 

So yep, I'm wiped out tired, but happy and content. Life is swell.