Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Going in late today

There's a Running Start thing happening at the college tonight (Running Start is a program where high school students can attend Clark and school simultaneously, and if they play their cards right, they'll graduate from high school AND from Clark with an associate's degree) and The Funeral (this nickname is clunky and awkward - might have to ditch it, but it's just so appropriate) decided to keep the store open while the event is happening, but not advertise it anywhere to anyone. 

So, like, people will just be in the building tonight, and hopefully happen to notice that the bookstore is open for some reason, and possibly wander in through our giant open door and be like, "Are you guys open?" (We've had this actual scenario happen in the middle of the morning on a weekday during normal business hours, so I can only imagine what goofy queries my coworkers will get this evening.)

(Perhaps I use parentheses too often.)

So, for you stalkers, long story short, my shift will start at 9:30 and go till 2:00 today. I will have nothing to do, since my morning paperwork has already been commandeered. This will give me ample time for hatching evil plots and committing acts of goof-off-ery with my cohorts. And chatting, we always love chatting. Yesterday we were talking about Benjamin Franklin and the fact that Kyle doesn't like The Office.

For our after work activities, I have already purchased a new cardboard box from Shmed Shmeyer, and will be using it to declutter, I haven't decided where yet. B went out and killed himself a new apartment to rent last weekend and has been slowly moving his stuff into it, including stuff from the storage unit, which has freed up all kinds of lovely space, and I'm feeling inspired and motivated to keep decluttering the rest of the house. It's been a slow movement, but now that he's heading out soon, things should ramp up considerably. I could work in our room, or possibly clean out the coat closet and only put back what we will actually use in the upcoming colder months.

I've also been working on joining some groups around the area, and will be updating the blog about these efforts. It's time for Mom Me to become Community Me, a phrase that just fills me with joy. Why? I don't know, it just does. 

Tonight, I will pick up Hubby from work, then head to the mall for our Wednesday night dinner meetings. Yes, we actually have those, each with our own group of friends. It's been happening for a couple of years with Taylor and me, and now Ryan has joined us (he can't go tonight though, because of the bookstore being open). We usually eat sushi and then head down to the French Door and buy some cute, weird stuff. Stalkers, please join us, but don't be weird about it. 

Tomorrow will be hot and I plan to stick my feet (or more, we'll see) in a nearby river. 

And now... off to work.